- State PLTW Conference
- Students / Parents
- Counselors / Administrators
- Core Training Institute
- Certification Process 2016-17
- Contact S&T PLTW
- National PLTW
- PLTW Job Openings
High school students can receive credit for the Missouri S&T three-hour class MECH ENG 1720, a freshman class required of all Missouri S&T engineering majors, through meeting these criteria:
- Complete the two foundational PLTW courses from a PLTW certified high school
- Principles of Engineering
- Introduction to Engineering Design
- Achieve a B average (80 percent or above) in both courses and a score of 6 on the end of course PLTW exam
- Pay the $200 fee
For information about the MECH ENG 1720 class that would be credited, click here to go to the course's web site.
To download the application for course credit, click ENG College Credit Application.
High school students can receive credit for the Missouri S&T three-hour class COMP ENG 1200, a freshman class required for all Missouri S&T Computer Engineering majors, through meeting this criteria:
- Complete the one foundation PLTW course from a PLTW certified high school
- Digital Electronics
- Achieve a B average (80 percent or above) in the course and a score of 6 (70%) on the end of course PLTW exam
- Pay the $200 fee
For information about the Comp Eng 1200 class that would be credited click here to go to the course's website.
To download the application for course, credit click Comp Eng College Credit Application
Biomedical Sciences Program
Students may receive undergraduate credit from the Missouri University of Science and Technology for successfully completing any of the PLTW Biomedical Sciences courses. Students must have taken the course from a PLTW school and received an A or B in the class. In addition, they must score a 6 or better on the national EOC exam. Credit will be awarded for the first year biology electives in the S&T curriculum listed below. Each course is 3 credits. Courses listed for credit on transcript will be by PLTW course titles. S&T course titles listed below are equivalent course references. The fee is $250/course.
|PLTW Course||S&T Course||Credits|
To download the application for course credit, click BMS College Credit Application.